Tuesday, September 21, 2010

An Update: The Game

Oh boy(s).  SingleFemaleSurgeon's life has been interesting lately.  Here's an update on the latest happenings.

First, an update on The Game.  I've made it about halfway through the book as it can really only be tolerated in small doses.  Much to my chagrin, I think the member of the Brain Trust who felt I shouldn't read it because it would make me jaded was right.  It's hard to go out, meet men, and constantly wonder if they're just running Game.  Are they actually interested in SFS, or are they just trying to get into my pants?  Yeah.  Ugh.  This has led me to wonder if love exists anymore, and if it does, if it's in the cards for me at all.  Yeah.  Ugh.  Again.

Due to this ridiculous feeling of dejectedness and then the accompanying panic at the thought of being single for the rest of my days, I am embarrassed to say that I grudgingly accepted a face-to-face date with Arranged Dating Guy who lives in the Western Time Zone.  I am meeting him in nine days.  I made reservations at a local hot spot I've been wanting to try, and the Brain Trust is on call to rescue me from death by boredom.

Somehow, with a little help from my friends, I have managed to scrape myself off the floor of dejectedness/panic.  Instead of continuing to freak out about external issues, I decided to concentrate on what Neil Strauss calls "Inner Game."  This is probably the only useful and moderately non-perfidious portion of the book.  "Inner Game" is the process of self-improvement.  So I threw myself into work, talked to family and friends, worked out a lot, and read.

Finally, I felt like rejoining the human race and actually went out.  I recently have met two very very different sorts of men.  Update to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment