Monday, December 27, 2010

Active Surveillance Officially Over?

The other night, I was heading down the elevator when I ran into one of the members of the Brain Trust: 

"Are you going on another date?  How do you psych yourself up for all of these dates?"

I giggled.  I'm not sure what gave me away.  Was it the sparkly pink, supershiny lipgloss I usually reserve for raucous nights out?  Perfume?  The fact that I was actually wearing makeup?

So, yes ladies.  Active surveillance is officially over for now.  After a two month hiatus from dating, I decided to come out of hibernation and to see if there was anything worth checking out.  And yeah, sometimes it is hard to psych myself up for a date, because in a lot of ways, it's like trying to get excited about yet another job interview.  But each time I hear that little voice whispering "Dating is drudgery, wouldn't you rather just hang out with your friends?" I try to ignore it and carry on.  I simply can't lose faith in love.

Well, I went to a ski club happy hour, a college alumni holiday party, and did my usual Tuesday night chill-out and knit with the girls.  It was great to meet some new people and as a result of these adventures, three dates emerged.

The first was a bust from the start.  He knew it, I knew it, we proceeded, we were proven correct.  The second and third have some potential.  The second was a lovely fix-up with the friend of a friend's S.O., and the third...well, it's gotta mean something if a guy walks through a blizzard to take you to dinner.  More to come...


1 comment:

  1. keep the stories coming! :-) You're such a fun, funky female, Doctor. :-)

    ReplyDelete